Have you ever been in a shop where you just couldn’t get service? You stand there ready to buy, and the shop assistants just ignore you? And if they do come over, they’re not helpful.
They don’t answer your questions and they don’t make you feel at ease?
As a business owner you know that means dollars walking out the door. You wonder, “How do they survive giving service like this?”
A lot of websites are like that.
If you’re in a service business or you sell a high end product, you probably want to get a qualified enquiry for your sales team to follow up. If you’re in a fast moving product business, you might want to make the sale through your website.
Either way, your web pages need to be like the best shop assistants that you can hire.
Your web pages (shop assistants) need to:
- Discuss the problem that your customers are experiencing (Why do they need this solution?)
- Demonstrate your solution to their problem
- Discuss the benefits of your solution (What’s really in it for them?)
- Develop rapport or trust with your customers
- Show your customers how to take action (Enquire or buy).
If your web pages achieve this, you will be able to dramatically increase the number of quality leads generated from your website (if applicable) and ultimately significantly increase your sales.